This program is a partnership ENA / ENSCI / Ecole Polytechnique / Sciences Po.
Innovations, digital technology, changes in participation : for several years, public action has been challenged by a dynamic context and new expectations with the constant idea of serving citizens as efficiently as possible. In France, as in other countries, the State, local government and public administrations undertake or support many initiatives at various levels in order to fill the gap between administration, innovation and design. This program will enable you to discover methods and tools (immersion, nudges, data, etc.) for an innovative public action. By the mean of French case studies and visits to third-party sites (labs, incubators, etc.), it presents the transformation and new public conception in administration and public services. It also includes a “management” dimension with regard to new ways of innovating, new ecosystems, start-ups or inter-entrepreneurship.
- to understand the issues and the role of digital technologies in public policy (Big Data, development of digital administration, digital governance, civic tech, mechanisms of incubations, etc.).
- to understand the issues and outcomes of a public action approach via innovation: users’ experiences, improving quality of service, supporting change, coproduction, impact, etc.)
- to master new methods in the conception of public policy: nudge and a behavioral science approach, public policy design, agile management, collaborative approach, etc.
- data: algorithms, sharing data, security, decision-making, transparency
- State start-ups and the uberization of public services
- participatory democracy: civic tech and collaborative platform
- innovation by design: concept, applications
- behavioral approach: from the law to incitement ̶ concept/examples
- learning expedition in other places
Directors, senior management from the civil service and local government, senior civil servants in charge of relations between administration and citizens
- Dates: from July 5 to 9, 2021
- Teaching language: English
- Venue: ENA, 2 avenue de l’Observatoire- 75006 Paris
- Tuition fees for candidates without a French government grant are 1400€ (these fees will have to be paid in advance by transfer)